ADVERTISEMENT

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: A change in leadership at SicEmSports

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
To my SicEmSports family,
I want to thank you all for being your publisher of SicEmSports for the last 10 years and 13 overall when I started covering this athletics program in 2010. It's been my honor to keep you up to date with everything connected to Baylor recruiting, football, basketball and everything else we have seen together.

But the time has come for me to end the journey. This day (June 30) is my last to serve as your steward. Back in January, I informed Rivals that I did not wish to renew my contract that expires on this last day of June.

It simply came down to my waning desire for covering recruiting. I've been doing it for parts of four decades. I've seen a lot, However, I just no longer have the passion to continue. Rivals management can share with you its plans for SicEmSports' future.

This site needs a new approach, fresh ideas and for that passion to return. And with my girls out of college and going in new directions in their lives, I want to have the freedom of the fall to be there when Dad is needed. More importantly, I want to spend falls with my wife.

Your support has been beyond my appreciation. Life moves on and I wish you all and Baylor athletics nothing but the best.

Take care and Sic'Em!

Kevin Lonnquist

Oh and another thing, Drew Pearson committed the most egregious non-offensive pass interference call in the history of the NFL. And congratulations to him kicking and screaming to get into the NFL Hall of Fame. Skol!

Now, that that's out of the way. We're going to go out the right way. We have much to share. Stephen and I recorded a farewell podcast. I'm also posting what I considered the Top 5 events I covered in these years. Not confirmed yet, but I'm scheduled to be on ESPN 1660 Central Texas Friday afternoon with Matt Moseley to say good-bye as well. Will let you know when that is. Will post that as well should I get the tweet link from it.

I plan to log off in the early evening. When I do, that's it.

But let's celebrate this run. In fact, I can't say any better than Monty Python and The Holy Grail!

And finally, the RJB's Anthem

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News