ADVERTISEMENT

Amateur Men's BB postseason Breakdown

gobears220

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2006
I'm not a professional, but here it is anyways.

This team was always going to bow out early or go on a run, depending on the shooting. Unfortunately the shooting, especially free throws, betrayed us against Clemson. We never really could defend very well, so we would always have to outscore someone, which many times we were able to do. But this is the tourney, and that's how it goes.

Good season, good players, but it's time to reload and see what we can do. Here's some thoughts:

• Yves Missi and Ja'Kobe Walter are likely gone, and they bring a unique dymanic to these teams. Every team recruits these big time young talents, even if they're a little green, but it's hard to win big with them IMO. How many one and dones have we had that took us on a long run? Our elite 8 teams and natty were seemingly built around veterans, experience, and defense. We only had one of those things this year. Look at Kentucky, they're looking to change their philosophy from the big freshmen possibly.
  • Jalen Bridges had a phenomeal season IMO. He was consistent and showed out every chance he got.
  • I assume we're going to hit the portal hard to bring in some experience. Curious to see if Miro Little and Langston Love can be huge players for us next year, especially Love if he can stay healthy.
  • Scott Drew can pretty much do no wrong for me. He put together a good team and just got cold at a bad time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News