ADVERTISEMENT

Independence Column - 6/18

Jason Howell

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
Baron Huber

I talked to Baron and he has a top 4 of Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Arkansas with Alabama being the leader. He has yet to receive a Baylor offer. After he left Baylor Baron went directly to the Marshall camp and then to the Alabama camp. He also attended the Vanderbilt camp. Lee Smith went with him to the Marshall camp.

Andrew Richards

Andrew was at the Baylor camp last Saturday and apparently had a down day. Here is what he had to say.

“I visited Baylor Saturday. We went to Baylor’s one-day camp. It was alright. I ran a really good shuttle time. I ran my best shuttle time ever, I ran a 4.28. It’s just there were a lot of people there, and I didn’t get very many reps in 1-on-1’s and I don’t think I got very many looks from coaches. It was kind of upsetting to do so good at one camp, I think one thing I should have done was go to a 3-day camp, because, 1-day camps it doesn’t seem like you get much exposure. I just think I kind of got lost in the mix. I only got like 4 reps I think in 1-on-1.”

This guy has liked K-state from the beginning and I think that is where he ends up.

Trey Bryant

Early on in the recruiting process Trey talked about going to the same school as his buddy Marcus Shavers at Allen and a recent Arkansas commitment. Apparently that has changed.

“I don’t think that’s gonna happen any more; because, Marcus is committed to Arkansas and I don’t think I’m gonna be going to Arkansas.”

You have to like Baylor’s chances with this kid. Lamb being on board will only help. On another note Trey seems to be holding out for some other offers, and he will only list those that have offered in his list of favorites.

Anthony Harrison

A common thread I keep hearing from Baylor recruits is how much they like the staff, and Anthony is saying the same things. Here are some comments from him on some of the schools he has visited. Lot’s of interesting things not only on Baylor, just make sure you read the whole quote.

“Texas was very impressive. They did this thing when they came out of the tunnel and they chanted their theme song. That was exciting, but Texas is loaded so I don’t know if I’ll be going there. Baylor I really like the coaches. I liked Coach Morris and Coach Jackson their receivers coach. They were nice guys. They really wanted me to come down so they could see me work out in person. On the 19th I’ll probably go to Baylor or Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh coaches saw my tape and he was like man you can really play. You played quarterback, receiver, safety, linebacker. He was like where did you learn to play like that. I was like I’ve been playing since little league and whatever they want me to do I just do it. I really like A&M’s weight room. It was real nice. I really didn’t get a chance to talk to the coaches. They called me one day but he didn’t leave a number so I never got back to him. I like it there, but it’s like a country town. I don’t know if it’s a place I could stay at for 4 years. I like Oklahoma St.’s field and stuff. They made me feel real comfortable, and it’s a good school.”

He is also a teammate of Will Thanheiser[/URL] who is starting to receive some attention at QB

Marcus Jackson

Marcus is not only attracting attention as a QB, but he is also hearing it for his punting skills. According to Marcus, Oklahoma St. saw him at practice and was talking about him being offered at punter.

Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith of Concord (CA) De La Salle is taking a look at Baylor. He is the cousin of Baylor wideout Trent Shelton and is looking to get out of California. He doesn’t have any offers at this point.

A name that I accidently left out of last weeks IC is Brandon Stookey. He is a quarterback for Victory Christian in Tulsa, but will be a d-back on the college level. He was in for the 3-day camp and jumped a 35” vertical

Terrel Harris

Baylor is in the mix for this guy. We are in the final 5, but we don’t know where we stand in that 5. The Harris’s are keeping things close to the vest when it comes to naming favorites, but it looks like Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. may be in the lead for now.

Henry Dugat

Dugat is in Austin right now on his visit to Texas. He leaves tomorrow and is expected to make a decision by the early next week. We will stay on top of this and keep you guys informed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News