ADVERTISEMENT

Eddlemon starting strong with Baylor (STORY POSTED)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Dylan Shackelford
Special Contributor to SicEmSports

Barrett Eddlemon is a versatile offensive lineman from La Vernia HS. The class of 2023 prospect received a scholarship offer from Baylor in march, and attended camp on saturday.

“The Baylor camp had a more family feel compared to a lot of the others,” Eddlemon said when asked about what made the Baylor camp stand out from the others. “Coach Aranda was at the front greeting everyone as they walked in which made me feel good about the camp as soon as I got there.”
In his sophomore season, he helped his team to a 7-3 (3-1) regular season record and finished second in the district while taking home the District 14-4A lineman of the year award and made the all-area team. He is very strong on either side at the tackle and guard positions, which is very important to any team who faces a pile up of injuries throughout the season.

As of right now, Baylor is his only offer but he is likely to receive a few more over the next year or so.

“Baylor is easily a top five school on my list,” he adds. “The combination of education and football there is second to none. That’s why it’s really high on my list.
“Coach Aranda is a great guy, I've only met him once and talked briefly, but I get the feeling that he is a very levelheaded guy, and is just a good genuine person. I think he is turning the program around.”

At just 16 years old he is already an impressive 6’4, 260 build with plenty of time to grow before he graduates in two years.

He will be returning to Baylor again at the end of July but has no other camps or visits planned at the moment with any other schools. His goals for this fall are to make the state championship with La Vernia HS and make the all-state team.

He expects and hopes to make his official decision later next year on where he will be playing college football. “My goals if I come to Baylor will be to finish my degree and do my part to win a national championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News