ADVERTISEMENT

Contest: KSU

garemosone

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2006
Well, the (seemingly) long wait is coming to a close. We're about to see the flop, turn and river in close, rapid succession. Everybody is trying to imagine what the machine will look like with Jarrett "Tungsten" Stidham at the wheel. I'm wondering if his presence will affect the overall game plan at all.

To the contest:

-O/U on total offensive plays by BU at 81.5 (roughly our season average-UNDER (I think we won't hurry quite as much, may get 76-78)
-O/U on Shock's yards per carry at 8.05 (his season average)-OVER (he'll break a couple of long ones when we have them spread out)
-O/U on Jarrett's pass attempts at 32.5 (our per-game season average)-OVER (let's face it, he's a weapon-once it's clear he's comfortable, we'll use him)

Tiebreakers:

-O/U on turnovers obtained by us at 2.5-OVER (I predict this won't happen if they throw the ball 10 times or less-but they'll have to throw more, because we'll be steamrolling them early)
-O/U on total yards gained rushing by Shock at 139.5-OVER (he'll be a big part of why and how we put them away early and late)
-O/U on JTS' completion percentage at 72.5%-UNDER (this was a tough number to pick-no way he stays in the mid-80's, where he has been so far (largely mop-up duty); I think he might hit 70%, but even that would be truly phenomenal)

Without including these in the contest, I think we have a good chance of seeing 700 yards total offense, with over half coming on Stidham's passing. I can see 3+ TD's from #TeamCoCo, and another 2-3 coming from Lee, Cannon, and Platt.

I know it's a Thursday road game, but I believe we are ready for the stretch run. We've had a bye, we've had a "setback" at QB, and the CFP "committee" has pissed in our cornflakes. Our big hosses up front will rally, our weapons will fly, our D will play fast and fearless, and we will crush these mothers. Crush 'Em.

Sic 'Em

Last edited:
Reactions: RealBear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News