ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 takes - Power Rankings

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

So after that underwhelming performance by Oklahoma State in its 16-7 victory over Tulsa, my kneejerk reaction to this league for each team. Call it the first installment of the Power Rankings.

Overall - I think the league is down. I don't see how you couldn't say that or believe that after ISU, KSU and KU lose at home, Tech has to hang on against an impressive FCS offense and Oklahoma State needs a big 4th quarter against a team picked 9th in the American preseason poll.

Oklahoma - Same ole, same ole
Texas - Gonna be much better if that defense can be as physical as it's supposed to be.
Oklahoma State - If the loss of Spencer Sanders is that consequential, then the Pokes were over rated.
Baylor - I wish I knew; It still comes down to what this DL can provide and if Charlie Brewer can stay healthy.
TCU - I wish I knew; just have to wonder if their QB situation will get resolved. Should be a hmmm watch vs. Iowa State.
West Virginia - Mountaineers go to Oklahoma State next week; could be the most interesting game of the weekend.
Kansas State - Wildcats running game looked bad vs. Arkansas State, pass defense looked worse; good luck in Norman.
Texas Tech - Talk about pass defenses that got shredded. Gave up 573 to HBU. HBU is coached by an up and comer in the Kliff Kingsbury tree in 29-year-old OC Zach Kittley. Kittley won't be at HBU long if this keeps up. And Matt Wells won't be in Lubbock long if this also keeps up. Nice to see Alan Bowman playing after his injury issues.
Iowa State - Really no excuse for that performance against Louisiana. Brock Purdy's Heisman Trophy campaign ended as soon as is started.
Kansas - QB issues again hurt this team. I'd watch that RB Pooka Williams situation. He's had two weeks off since apparently getting a ding against Coastal Carolina. But his role diminished as that game went on. Of course, the Jayhawks were way behind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News