ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: VCU G Jayden Nunn commits to Baylor

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

Baylor's volatile guard situation for the upcoming 2023-24 season found some clarity on Tuesday.

Following him telling Draft Express, VCU guard Jayden Nunn announced on Twitter that he has committed to Scott Drew's program.

The Bears were running thin in the back court with the departures of Keyonte George, LJ Cryer, Adam Flagler and Dale Bonner. While Flagler's departure isn't guaranteed, sources told SicEmSports Monday that Flagler is going all in on the NBA Draft.

Nunn picked the Bears over Oklahoma, LSU, Texas and Penn State. Nunn entered the portal shortly after head coach Mike Rhoades left to take the Penn State job.

"The coaching change made me reassess things," Nunn told ESPN on Tuesday. "I felt like Coach Odom is going to build something great at VCU, I really do. I'm impressed with what he's planning, but Baylor felt like it's where I need to be. I felt at home there."

Nunn had a very solid season for the Rams averaging 9.3 points and shooting 40 percent from 3-point range.

While Baylor's backcourt will look different starting in November, it could be more talented with the additions of Miro Little and Ja'Kobe Walter.

The Bears may not be done in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News