ADVERTISEMENT

Texas-OU

bumad

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2004
I remember a vibrant and exciting Big 12 with Missouri, Nebraska and Texas A&M with strong teams. Every week it seemed we were playing a team that had a storied past. We were terrible in those days and embarrassing. I wonder how much it helped Art Briles to recruit without having to fight Nebraska or Missouri, even Colorado to Texas talent any more. I realize that TCU joined, but they haven't really been a strong recruiting school until the past year or so. Maybe there is truth to the fact that Baylor has taken advantage of a weak Big 12.

One thing for sure is that the Texas-OU is no longer interesting. I have heard people discuss that they believe the rivalries will be diminished over time and that emphasis will be placed on getting into the playoffs. There are only two questions I am interested in getting answered this weekend - how much will OU beat Texas by and how many UT fans will show up. My UT friends are beyond angry, they are disgusted. They aren't even embarrassed anymore and seemed to have given up. They complain how many great games the Big 12 used to have, but just don't enjoy TCU and WV like they did Nebraska, Missou and A&M.

What a mistake Nebraska made leaving the Big 12. They have dropped as far as UT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News