ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITS REACT TO JUNIOR DAY

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
With everything going on in the last 72 hours, we didn't want omit this because it gives an overall impression of what 2016 and 2017 prospects thought about their afternoon on the Baylor campus. We asked them what they believed what they got out of their visit.

Patrick Hudson, OL, Silsbee (2016 Baylor commit): "A close family relationship with the coaches and my possibly soon to be teammates. It was Fantastic.''

Zach Smith, QB, Grandview (2016 Baylor commit): "A lot of fun talking with the other recruits and fellow commits. Baylor's the place to be.

Kameron Martin, RB, PA Memorial (2016 Baylor commit: "Coach Briles is so real. He told the recruits Baylor is about business. We about to get this national championship this year.''

McTelvin Agim, DE, Hope (AR) (2016 Baylor offer): "Got a better feeling of the coaching staff and the area.''

Devin Duvernay, WR, Sachse, (2016 Baylor offer): "It was great.''

DeMarkus Acy, Ath, Wilmer-Hutchins (2016 Baylor interest): "Top school in my mind. Best campus. Excelleent coaching. Overall experience was great.

Will Farrar, OL, Richmond Travis (2017 Baylor interest): "I loved Baylor coming into [Saturday]. It just confirmed how much I loved it. I got to spend some quality time with the coaches.''

Michael Williams, DT, FW All Saints (2016 Baylor offer): "It was good seeing the coaching again and bonding.''

Raleigh Texada, DB, Frisco Centennial (2016 Baylor interest): "Got to talk to defensive coaching staff, and they just told me to be patient for an offer because they're evaluating right now. I had a great time getting to see everything Baylor had to offer.''

John Brannon, LB, Prosper (2017 Baylor interest): "The strength coach is INTENSE. Baylor has an impressive program.''

Dontavious Jackson, LB, Alief Elsik (2016 Baylor interest): "A lot more interest in them.''

Levi Onwuzurike, DE, Euless Trinity (2016 Baylor offer): "They want to win championships. Nice facilities, great stadium, and seems like their strength and conditioning program is top of the line.''

Brandon Bowen, Ath, Trophy Club Byron Nelson (2016 Baylor offer): "It was an amazing experience.''

Greg Eisworth, S, South Grand Prairie (2016 Baylor offer): "I loved the coaching staff and their motives. I also like their facilities and how it's a thriving city and program. They also stress a lot on academics and opportunity.

Kellen Diesch, OL, Trophy Club Byron Nelson (2016 Baylor offer): "I got to see more of the facilities.''

Tyler Natee, Ath, Euless Trinity (2016 Baylor interest): "I saw a great environment and a great program with remarkable tradition, so unusual it has to work I believe in what they do and say. I see myself playing for Baylor one day.''

Notable...
Houston MacArthur 2016 DE Isaiah Chambers said the coaches were hoping that he would commit, but he told them that he needed some time to think about it more...Richmond Foster DL 2016 Sidney Murray, South Grand Prairie 2017 athlete Jeffrey Okudah and Waco La Vega 2016 DB Parrish Cobb said they are all going to the next junior day whenever that is scheduled. Cobb said his father arranged for his visit to the TCU junior day, and he wasn't aware of that at the time he told us he thought he was coming to Baylor....got the sense from Diesch that Baylor would like for him to pull the trigger but they want to be sure and how they do this. I know he likes them a lot. Enough to commit? Not sure....also Southlake Carroll S Obi Eboh may be getting the news this week he has been hoping for since last summer. It appears the staff is about to offer him....Baylor did not offer Alief Elsik and 4-star LB recruit Dontavious Jackson. I really think his not going to the Nov. 1 game against Kansas is something that really bothered this staff...also Williams said there was no pressure from Baylor for him to commit. But he said there is a good relationship building....we're told Baylor told Williams' teammate, 2016 DB Isaiah Harris that it wants to see him at its June camps before it moves in any direction with him.

We hope to add more soon.

This post was edited on 2/1 7:54 PM by K Lonnquist

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News