ADVERTISEMENT

Nacogdoches S Brandon Jones to visit Baylor

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
This is what the Rivals100 (No. 28 rated prospect) told Orangebloods:

Jones, out of Nacogdoches, will visit Texas this weekend. The following weekend he'll hit Baylor and is going to try to stop by TCU on Sunday May 24. He'll then look to hit Texas A&M sometime in June.

"Pretty much (the visits are) just because I have some time on my hands," Jones explained. "I just want to be able to visit some of the Texas schools that I have interest in. My plan is to knock out Texas schools, then this summer go out far to schools like Mississippi, LSU, Alabama, things like that."

A Rivals100 member and the nation's No. 2-ranked safety prospect, Jones' previous top 10 was made up of LSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M and Georgia, in no particular order. Baylor has worked its way into the mix giving Jones 11 schools he's currently considering, but he's going to try to make some tough cuts in the coming months.

"Honestly, I'm just trying to make it through this year. Then I plan on having a top six. I've tried to make a to five but really couldn't get it down to five," Jones said. "I plan on releasing a top six pretty soon, maybe in June or July and then I'll go from there."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.