ADVERTISEMENT

MEMO FROM THE PUBLISHER -- SAVE THE DATE MARCH 20/CANCELED

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
I want to give full props to subscriber Eric Fernandez for this. Before National Signing Day, he suggested a potential SicEmSports meet and greet subscribers event. He then suggested Friday Night Lights on March 20 at McLane Stadium.

And to this point everything looks to be a go. We're looking to have a community bonding event tailgate style before the scrimmage. We have clearance from the school to secure a location at McLane Stadium. BUT THIS IS AN EVENT FOR SUBCRIBERS ONLY. NO RECRUITS ARE ALLOWED TO BE THERE BECUASE OF COMPLIANCE. Given that this would be on school grounds and recruits will be showing up, we have to make it clear that we cannot interact with them in any way shape or form. That's for the Baylor coaches and staff in the appropriate locations.

We are still trying to get a handle on food, drink and other items to make the occasion festive. We would encourage you and family and friends and those who don't know about us to maybe stop by.

Let me know if you all have any thoughts, concerns or anything else.

We'll keep you posted as we finalize more details.

Kevin

UPDATE: Wednesday (March 4)
From Eric Fernandez:

Hello everyone,

Kevin and I spoke this morning and the details are shaping up. What we have planned:

- Start the tailgate around 4pm. Game will start at 7pm or 7:30pm
- Location will be in the main tailgating area - we won't have the exact location until next week and will keep you updated
- we'll have a small tent or two along with food (hot dogs, burgers, etc), drinks (beer and soda) and snacks

Not expecting donations/support, but if anyone wants to contribute they can day of.

Just need a headcount from you so we can plan accordingly. Let us know if you plan to come and how many. Families are welcome - we want to bring the Sic 'em Sports community together.

This post was edited on 3/19 10:06 AM by K Lonnquist

This post was edited on 3/20 11:53 AM by K Lonnquist

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News