ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe that list isn't ironclad after all (2016 Update)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Mike Craven
Special to SicEmSports

Jared Mayden will have his pick when he decides where he wants to attend college. That became obvious on Tuesday when Alabama offered the 4-star cornerback from Sachse High School.

The 2016 standout has an offer from Baylor, but interviews even before the Alabama offered suggested that Baylor wasn't in the running. He listed Ohio State, TCU and Oregon as his top schools at the International game two weeks ago. But SicEmSports checked in with him after the Alabama offer to see if anything has changed.

"It is too early to know if the Alabama offer changed anything for me," he said. "It is still new to me. Distance won't be a factor, so leaving the state isn't an issue."

Mayden (6-0, 187) has the combination of size and athleticism to attract 27 Division I offers. The list is pretty impressive, but he contends that he is still working through the process despite naming leaders.

"I don't know if I have a top five schools right now. Everything is changing and new schools are coming into the picture," he said. "I just want to get around and see the places I'm interested in. I might get down to Baylor in the spring. I wouldn't say they're in my top schools right now but it's early. I need to see all of these places and meet with all the coaches before really eliminating teams from my list."
This post was edited on 2/11 4:12 PM by K Lonnquist

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News