ADVERTISEMENT

Cut Blocking, has to be taught by Coaches.......

billyrayofno2020

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2012
Cut Blocking has always been a disgusting subject with me. It definitely needs to be put in the
category with 'Targeting.' The C-BL. tactic is meant to harm an individual. Several athletes have
had their careers ended with this. A coach has to teach this and during a game all he has to mention
to the OL, that X----in this case Billings---needs to 'rest' awhile.......or something similar. The OL men
know what he means. A tactic whereby one lineman blocks directly at the lower leg of a defensive man
by trying to roll-up on his leg or pinning his foot to the ground, then another lineman blocks the defender
over the top of the first lineman intending to cause injury.
WV did this move several times during the game and I believe, received only one penalty.(I could be
wrong with the # here).
PUT THIS BLOCKING SCHEME IN THE CATEGORY WHERE IT BELONGS AND EJECT BOTH LINEMEN
FROM THE GAME. To me, this act is worse that targeting. Its' taught and practiced.
If Billings wasn't so tightly wound (muscles) he could have been seriously hurt and crippled.

Enjoy the week Bear fans.....Bring on the rest of the XII.

Sic 'em Bears, Bite, Claw and Maul all who get in your way.........................

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News