ADVERTISEMENT

Contest: TCU

garemosone

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2006
In spite of (or because of) the injuries to both squads, this is a most interesting game. I suppose, in addition to that, it's interesting because of conference and national implications.

I'm guessing Boykin is, at best, 70%, given that he "couldn't" go at all last week. Doctson is out. TCU has multiple other folks missing. We all know our own situation with injuries.

I'll play DC here and speculate that the one thing we want to take away is Aaron Green. Make them beat you with someone else (which probably can't be Boykin). If I throw out names like Billings, Young, Blanchard, Howard, Waz, you have to feel good about our D. The apparent switch to a 3-3-5 look has been a palpable improvement. So, I guess I'm saying our D is the key to this game.

I have substantial confidence our O will motor along. We still have an intact O-Line, a stable of running backs, the best WR corps in the country, and a #3 QB who looked an All-American starter last week in relief. Our head coach is the quarterback whisperer and his son is our OC. Good hands.

THE Contest:

-O/U on TCU rushing yardage at 224.7 (their season average)-UNDER (they're gonna miss Boykin's mobility (no way he's 100 %) and we're gonna limit Green)
-O/U on TCU 3rd-down conversion rate at 49.1 % (season average)-UNDER (our D will win the day)
-O/U on turnovers by TCU (obtained by us) at 1.1 (their season average)-OVER

Tiebreakers:

-O/U on 3rd down conversion by BU at 50.9% (51% is our season average)-OVER (I expect our O-Line to stand up large. I also expect our overall game plan to stay very aggressive and for us to stay true to Art Briles' scheme and philosophy)
-O/U on TD's (passing and rushing) by Chris Johnson at 3.5-OVER (I'm thinking four by him (and receivers), two by Jefferson, Chafin, and, if possible, Linwood. Tack on a FG by Callahan, and we'll put up 45)
-O/U on TD's by TCU at 4.5-UNDER (again, our D rules the day)-I'm calling 45-28)

Happy Thanksgiving, all you Bears out there-Sic 'Em!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News