ADVERTISEMENT

Contest: OU

garemosone

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2006
Well, we're in the home stretch, and I'm not sure my nexium will hold up. The first game of the gauntlet is still over 24 hours away and I'm having a hard time even going through the motions at work. Lord knows how many times a day I'm hitting this site.

It seems the big question is how will our D stand up to the two-headed Sooner attack of Perine and Mixon. So I was interested to find that, for the season, OU is about 60/40 in yardage pass/run. And Mayfield has only given up 5 interceptions, while averaging 338 YPG.

Another question on my mind is whether we will go more up-tempo now that #TungstenStidham has 3 weeks in the saddle. (Is the heat getting hot yet @Clairatt?)

Forthwith:

-O/U on OU rush yards at 211.3 (their season average)-I'm OVER, but because I think that they'll try to lean run-game early, and that this will be a high-possession-number game (and maybe because Billings still isn't 100%)
-O/U on Corey Coleman TD's of any variety at 1.5-I'm OVER, cause, #TeamCoCo (and because you let your best players be your best players)
-O/U on Shock's combined rushing and passing yards at 114.5-I'm OVER, thinking he'll get 100+ on the ground plus a couple of swing passes for 20 or so

Tiebreakers:

-O/U on Stidham INT's at 0.5-OVER, as I think he has his first tomorrow (he can't be PERFECT, can he?)
-O/U on turnovers obtained by BU D at 2.5-OVER, as this D is starting to look opportunistically effective to me
-O/U on OU passing yards at 338.1 (338.0 is their season average)-UNDER, as I believe we will get timely, effective pressure on Mayfield and actually pull down two picks, combined with a handful of sacks and hurries/pressures

Additional thoughts: we cover, as the money in Vegas has been too aggressive and moved the line too far (last spread I read was -2.5 us-don't know how accurate this is); we either win close, with Callhan bringing it home 41-38, or we get up early and run away (similar to that beat-down I was privileged to witness last fall in Norman), 52-27; Corey GOES OFF (see @Clairatt's pic of the can of extra strength), gets 3 TD's, and surges to the top of everyone's Heisman list (he really could win that thing).

As always, y'all please come by slip #9 for some food and refreshment. @tjspears is bringing some extra meat for the grill, and we'll have cold bevs for all.

Sic 'Em

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News