ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor vs TT Impressions

bumad

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2004
This was my first MBB in several years. I was impressed with the crowd especially during the first weekend of spring break. It was vocal when it needed to be. Sure looked like the men were taking the night off for three fourths of the game, but in the end the stars came out to shine. Some observations:

- Gathers is a better basketball player than I ever thought he would be. He has a funny side spin on his shot but that can be fixed if needs an 10-15 foot game. His body is incredible and he is probably 6' 7.5". The dude can play and I bet, if he continues this improvement, he will be a top prospect next year. Can he play in the NBA? I think he is as good if not better than Acy in his junior year.

- Prince has NBA written all over him. He could carry this team as a super-star if he wanted. Didn't realize how strong and athletic he is. So gifted and makes it look easy. He still has not come close to his potential.

- Chery - we will miss him next year.

- Medford - better in person that he had looked on TV recently.

- Freeman, Ish, Motley - the future is bright.

Especially tonight I was touched by the activities of the senior night. Drew asked people to stay and most of them did. The videos were good and the speeches by the two seniors were moving. I thought at the end Chery was starting to choke up when he said that "Baylor felt like home". Both players thanked teammates, coaches, students and the Baylornation.

Then Drew asked the players to lay their hands on the seniors and were led in a prayer by someone I didn't know. This was pretty shocking to me. Great prayers, great sendoff to these great seniors.

Drew is a great coach, almost on par with Briles and Mullkey. He is gaining ground if nothing else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.