ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor in Cedar Hill 2022 DB Jalon Peoples Top 5 (STORY POSTED)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

While Baylor’s 2022 recruiting class is off to a solid start, it’s the finish that could make the difference.

One of those additions would be Cedar Hill 2022 defensive back Jalon Peoples. Already in strong contention for him, the Bears received expected good news earlier in the week when Peoples named them to his Top 5.

Peoples’ other finalists are Texas Tech, Kansas, Iowa and SMU. He already has official visit dates set up for KU (June 4-6), Texas Tech (June 18-20) and Baylor (June 25-27). He is working on trips to Iowa and SMU.

“Baylor is a great place full of love from the coaches,’’ Peoples said. “I consider Baylor as one of the better choices that I could make. That’s why they made my Top 5.’’

Baylor is in a search for possibly five defensive backs for this class. It currently doesn’t have any commitments. Of course, that could change over the course of a two-week period.

Peoples enjoyed a solid junior year in which he helped the Longhorns reach the Class 6A Division II state championship game before they fell to Katy. For his part, he collected one interception and had 18 defended passes.

For a time in late February, it appeared Peoples was on the verge to committing to Baylor but then decided to wait. Given his upcoming schedule, that decision appears to be at least a few months away from becoming news.

Peoples has developed a pretty tight relationship with Baylor new defensive backs coach Kevin Curtis and Associate Head Coach Joey McGuire. Peoples and Curtis started to get to know each other when Curtis was at SMU.

“[Curtis] coming over to Baylor is big,’’ he said. “The relationship with McGuire is amazing. If I picked Baylor, I know I would be taken care of there. I have a good relationship with coach everyone.

“The things they’ve told me is the way I cover and how physical I get and I play great under pressure. I just need to get better at doing better tracking the ball.’’

At three stars by Rivals, Peoples is rated at 5.7, the No. 51 rated player at his position and the No. 80 recruit in Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.