ADVERTISEMENT

Art Briles with the media/Kansas 2-deep (Wednesday, Oct. 7)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
Briles took questions from his session from the media at Wednesday's practice. Again, this is the final media session with him before Saturday's game at Kansas.

On Trevor Clemons-Valdez returning: "First of all we're really glad he decided to come back out. It shows what type of person he is and that he cares about the team over himself.

That's the most encouraging thing. As far as position (tight end),we felt like it fit a need for us a little bit. He was the body type we needed. We needed a guy in there around 290 to get in there and mix it up a little bit. Plus he has good skills. It's a good match for him and us.

He was out here as a student assistant and wanted to come back and play. So we're all in. We love Trevor, a great teammate. He had done a real nice job for us the last couple of years (on special teams) and had a big return against TCU last year. He's a very valuable member of our football team and very inspiring to a lot of players and coaches."

Special teams vs. Texas Tech: "I said before the game I thought special teams and defense would win the game and I thought that held true. We were really good in both of those areas. The way Drew (Galitz) punted and the way Spencer (Evans) kicked off and the way we covered it's as good as we've been. It was a huge factor in the game."

On Ryan Willis starting at QB for Kansas: "I knew about him in high school, a really good player with a great arm and a big body, and extremely talented. I think they were kind of getting him in the mix anyway. They were really impressed with him in fall camp and played him in the third series against Iowa State last week. He's their guy and we'll see how it goes."

On RB Devin Chafin's injury/Overall: "We hope that he can play but it's still day to day.
We're as healthy as you can be this time of year, a few bangs and bruises. Hopefully everybody will be in good shape by Saturday...Byron Bonds is good."

Two deep for Kansas is on page 10 of this link. Just click the link where it says game notes. Of course, it's subject to change.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News