ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Class

bumad

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2004
Immediate impact players - Galitz, Stidham and Lynch

Sooner than later - DeSouza, Black, Hasty, Ogor and Porter

Jury is out - Hunt, Devonte Jones, Lenoy Jones, Stricklin, Tolbert (injury) and Williams

Biggest Stretch - Williams (LB Paris)

Opportunity to play early - Black, Houston, Ketchum

I like Daniels and Tecklenburg and think both will play at Baylor, but it may be several years due to depth at their positions.

This class brings some buzz with some great athletes and speed. However where we missed was BIG, athletic CBs and LBs that can play early. LBs, in particular, have a tendency to play early or not play much down the road. Over the last several years we have recruited some LBs that are yet to have an impact - Raquan Davis, Kendall Ehrlick (special teams) and Xavier Phillips. Campell, Edwards and Young are all great athletes, but none are run stuffers which you need in goal line and short yardage situations.

CBs - with Reid's status unknown due to a possible ACL injury, we need someone to step up big time. In fact we need 3 to step up. I believe one of the things that really hurt us last year, through the Michigan State game, is that we didn't play enough CBs. You have to rest those guys and have enough depth to alternate. We looked tired and were tired in the fourth quarter of our last four games. We have to have talent and we need depth. If we don't win big this year it will be because, once again, CBs. I think Black has a chance for playing time as a freshman. Ketchum as well, but we missed on some CBs like Boyd and Hill that we desperately needed.

I hope 2016 is the one that goes down as the greatest in Baylor history. 2015 was larger than expected which tends to make me think that they already have in mind some players to grayshirt or players who won't be returning (8-9 of them).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News