ADVERTISEMENT

Way Too Early Predictions - BU Edition

Clairatt

Aug 18, 2013
I've been reading way too many of these way too early predictions features and have pretty much figured out that the offseason is tough on writers covering college football. Then again, the offseason is tough on me, too, so I thought we should chime in our serious and not so serious way too early predictions. Here's mine:
1. I'm already on the record and will say it again, Baylor goes undefeated and makes the playoff, making me and the other schedule detractors look like idiots. Happy idiots, but idiots nonetheless.
2. TCU does not even finish second in the Big 12. They take 2 conference losses and finish behind OU, who decide to lay it on the line to save Big Game Bob's job after Baylor beats them 58-7 in Waco.
3. Cory Coleman utterly lights up every defense he faces and goes 90-1683-15. Too good, he locks up a Top 10 draft position and we lose our best receiver. But, good for him.
4. Bama does not make the playoffs. Nick Sucks t-shirts sell like hotcakes in Alabama.
5. Nate Craig-Myers holds to his Auburn commitment and we organize a Waco intervention for BUHSFootballFan and take him to Vitek's for a Gut Pack, George's for a Big O and sing We Are Friends on the logo at McClane. Real Bear wants to wrap things up at Two Minnies but clearer heads prevail and we go to Denny's instead.
6. Texas struggles mightily again behind Swoopes and a woefully thin depth chart on defense. Three Star Charlie begins to feel that burnt orange heat.
7. Laquan McGowan makes the Sports Center Top 10 yet again when he catches a skinny post (is it even possible for Laquan to run a skinny post?) in the opener for a TD but, alas, crashes into the goal post and it's the post that doesn't arise from the collision.
8. Seth Russell has a solid year, garnering 2nd Team All-Big 12 honors. He suffers a few limp-offs and Stidham's shirt gets burned and so do a few secondaries while he's on the field.
9. Baylor has its best running team in history, but no 1000 yard rushers. Linwood, Chafin, Jefferson, Williams and Russell share the rock and run defenses out of the stadium.
10. Final prediction: we don't make the final, but we're one step closer.
What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News