ADVERTISEMENT

VERY IMPORTANT NOTES (9:30 PM - Thursday)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
Despite Texas putting a full court press on Silsbee OL and Rivals No. 64 Patrick Hudson, we did a little checking between last night and early this morning. Our information is that everything appears to be pretty solid between Baylor and Hudson.

That's not going to stop Texas from making its pitch and trying to get him to flip. Baylor recently conducted an inhome with Hudson. That seemed to fortify things.

As we reported Tuesday Hudson canceled his official visit to Oklahoma this week. He was scheduled to OV this weekend but our Arkansas colleagues have told us that will NOT happen.

The official visits to look for this weekend

Waco La Vega DB Parrish Cobb
Cobb is reportedly down to deciding between Baylor and Oklahoma, although he has been committed to the Sooners since the summer.

Nacogdoches S Brandon Jones
The Rivals 100 prospect took his official visit to Arkansas this weekend and is schedule to take his official visit in Waco. The rumblings are that he's a Texas lean. So this official visit will be very important for the Bears coaching staff to see if they can make enough of an impression to convince him to come to Waco. Jones has said he will announce his decision on National Signing Day.

Kilgore College DL DeQuinton Osborne
As you read Matt Clare's story on Tuesday, this appears to be the DL way is going. As Clare indicated in his note, if this works the way Baylor wants, Osborne should be picking the Bears . He has said he won't announce until NSD either.

With Osborne coming that means Duncanville DT Marcel Southall doesn't appear to be an option. It could be a qualifying issue. It could be he just doesn't fit with what Baylor wants. Southall took an official to Miami (FL).

Finally, Baylor has scheduled an in home with Trophy Club Byron Nelson DE and Rivals 100 prospect Brandon Bowen on Wednesday. Bowen's commitment to Baylor has been as solid as the day he committed (Jan 1).

UPDATE: Wednesday 12:50 pm - Just a wrap on Bowen, as expected he officially told Oklahoma no thanks.

Also, Oklahoma had been trying to work on bringing in Daingerfield's Denzel Mims in for an OV this weekend. However, Mims told them he was sticking with the Bears.

UPDATE: Wednesday 3:30 pm -- Ran into Kameron Martin and Micheal Johnson (by the way, his father and grandfather have the same first name and spell it the same so that's a family tradition thing) at the International Bowl practices in Arlington. Everything good. I'll have more in the blitz. Martin said it appears that Texas has raised the white flag and pretty much stopped. There's always going to be some small overtures but that's always what happens this time of year. I think I mentioned this tweet where Martin pretty much went after former Texas RB coach Tommie Robinson who was recruiting him and then left for USC. Martin quickly removed it and said his cousin and former Texas RB Jamal Charles (now with the Kansas City Chiefs) advised him to do it because it looked unprofessional.

As an aside, Martin looks really put together. I think he's stronger now than when I last saw him in the summer. Johnson has a pretty good demeanor to him. Gives off the impression as a positive person. I can see him being completely reshaped once he gets started with Kaz Kazadi. I think he'll redshirt. Both Martin and Johnson talked about how the brotherhood of this 2016 class seemed to take an important step during the official visit weekend.

Thought you'd like to know.

UPDATE: 7:40 PM Wednesday
Art Briles was there Wednesday b4 he was reportedly off to Michigan.

UPDATE: 10:25 PM Wednesday
Have been told that Nassau CC OL Malcolm Pridgeon is expected to be taking an official visit to Ohio State this weekend.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News