ADVERTISEMENT

Status of the 2016 Class Part II (CHECK FOR UPDATES)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
That other one was getting too deep for people to find updates. So this is a new one.

Here's what we have:

>Sounding like Devin Duvernay visiting TCU and Texas next week. Not that it really matters but thought you wanted to know.

>Hearing that Baylor has met with Kameron Martin. Trying to learn more.

>Also aware that Baylor has been having some active talks with Jared Atkinson.

>So here's what we're hearing on Brandon Bowen. The story was that he had not requested a release from his NLI at the beginning of the week because he was on the fence and was considering coming to Baylor in July. However, apparently that has changed. Even though he still may be considering Baylor, we're of the knowledge that it's looking like he will go through the protocols to seek a release.

>Ok, did a little more digging and found something related to Kilgore College DT DeQuinton Osborne. From what I have gathered, Osborne did not arrive at Baylor last week. We are of the understanding that Osborne is seeking a release. What we're trying to determine is if Baylor has actually done that or if the process is ongoing. Hope to learn more as we go.

(UPDATE: 11:30 AM Monday June 6): Don't take it to the bank but it does sound like Baylor is going to release Osborne.

>Was told Patrick Hudson has done the paperwork to get the NLI release going. Not sure if we've actually reported that. Sorry if this a repeat.

>JUCO LB Thomas Cletcher is there.

>We know Baylor WR coach Tate Wallis reached out to Jared Atkinson earlier this week. Doesn't sound like much movement to this point.

>For the sake of discussion, we asked a couple of these holdouts if they were considering going the JUCO route for maybe a greyshirt this fall before moving to another program if it wasn't player. Those players said no way to that option.

>And in case you were wondering about Lancaster safety Kenan Ivy, who didn't qualify but had some tweets about Waco, we're told he is scheduled to start attending Navarro for it second summer session in July.

>So to reset everything, these are the 2016s (12) that we know are NOT at Baylor:

>RB Kameron Martin
>DB Parrish Cobb
>OL J.P. Urquidez
>OL Patrick Hudson
>DE Brandon Bowen
>WR Devin Duvernay (given his release because of the LOI snafu, although I've heard something else that I'm not going to comment on yet)
>Ath Donovan Duvernay
>WR Jared Atkinson
>LB Deonte Williams
>DT DeQuinton Osborne
>DT Jeremy Faulk (dismissed from the program)
>OL Branton Autry (dismissed from the program)

>Indications are Deonte Williams still plans to come to Baylor. Unclear if that would be the second summer session on July 7 or for the fall semester.

>On Patrick Hudson, there seems to be some movement for the better.

From one person I talked with his answer was, "I want what's best Patrick if that's Baylor great. If it's somewhere else that's great too. He is a great young man that will take advantage of a scholarship and get a education and better himself."

You can read into that what you want but it does sound like if Hudson winds up coming for the second summer session, he'll figure into the plans, especially since Branton Autry was dismissed.

>Further update on Hudson: a source close to Hudson said that he was not considering enrolling at Baylor but maintained that Hudson continues to evaluate his options.

>Hearing that Baylor has talked with Patrick Hudson. Nothing more than that.

>Baylor appears to be going through exhausting its 30-day window before it responds to the NLI requests. At this time, there has been no meetings face to face or phone call with JP Urquidez. My take is that ship has sailed, especially based on the recent comments from his father.

>This might be knock me over with a feather news: But whenever the Parrish Cobb angle is resolved, look for him to Oklahoma, which is where he was originally committed before flipping to Baylor right before NSD 2017.

>We know Baylor has recently had another discussion with Kameron Martin.

>FYI - Devin Duvernay could make a decision on his new school as early as Wednesday, June 22.

>Maybe someone isn't sure of the calendar or maybe someone filled out paperwork the day Briles was fired, May 26. But maybe we hear on Patrick Hudson on Friday (June 24) or Saturday (June 25).

Like I said....#fluid

We'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News