ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE...Tuesday Feb. 2, 2016; Waco La Vega DB Parrish Cobb flips to Baylor

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
Just a couple of things to get you set up on this pre-National Signing Day.

>Silsbee OL Patrick Hudson: This should come as no surprise, but a source shared with us this morning: "I don't think it's a secret. He's going to sign with Baylor.'' Hudson bid adieu to the social media world Monday night, there still From talking to a couple of people familiar with his situation. For what it's worth, he hasn't actually turned off his account. I sent him a DM and didn't get a response of, "You can't send him DM" or something like that. So maybe he is just ignoring everything. That's fine. FWIW, a couple of sources have said that Hudson is just messing with people as he was sending out these tweets over the weekend.

>As for the sense, we've learned that Baylor feels pretty good about its chances of landing of national JUCO OL prospect Malcolm Pridgeon and getting Waco La Vega and Rivals250 DB Parrish Cobb to change his commitment from Oklahoma to Baylor. As for Pridgeon, that runs a little counter to what our Ohio State colleagues shared on Monday. If Pridgeon picks Baylor, he's playing right away more than likely. Regarding Brandon Jones? Anyone's guess. Again, Baylor still appears to be running second to Michigan for the nation's No. 1 PK Quinn Nordin.

>Oh and Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow on Tuesday. There is the prediction for an early spring.

As for Wednesday coverage...
>Matt Clare will be at Fort Bend Hightower to cover Micheal Johnson's signing. He may be going somewhere else. That hasn't been determined

>Courtney Roland will be in Nacogdoches for the Brandon Jones announcement. Of course, if he picks Baylor, we'll have a complete wrap up of everything. If he doesn't pick Baylor, we might add something about what he thought about Baylor. There's just too much of a good story there on how Baylor fought it's way back into this.

>Your publisher will be somewhere tomorrow. I haven't finalized my plans. But it will be a video interview.

UPDATE: (11:08 AM) Baylor has landed the commitment of Waco Le Vega DB Parrish Cobb sure other sites are reporting this. An announcement is tonight. So we will not tweet this. But it's starting to make the rounds. Just got this confirmed.

That's your latest.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News