ADVERTISEMENT

On Oregon State QB Tristan Gebbia

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

Oregon State transfer portal QB Tristan Gebbia is intriguing. He may not have the stats/miles on the tire Alan Bowman has. But he has pretty good size at 6-2, 203.

He's thrown for about 1,250 yards in his career with 5 TDs and 4 INTs. Gebbia didn't appear in a game in 2022 until November. In fact all three appearances were in mop up duty where Oregon State was way out in front.

If the Baylor coaches like him better than Bowman - and whatever happened there is probably based on he said he said - that's fine. It's their program and they have to make a really good decision that they think will improve that position. And that position needs serious improvement.

Gebbia's eligibility is interesting. He either has one or two years. It was thought after the Las Vegas Bowl he was done. However, he changed his mind and enters as a grad transfer.

Now, he could have a second if he's granted a medical redshirt. Gebbia missed the entire 2021 season with a torn hamstring and had surgery to repair it. I'm asking around so I don't know if he's applied for one or if he has if he's been granted it. But with him entering the portal when he did and the possible pursuit of that medical redshirt, I wouldn't expect a decision until later in the spring.

We'll keep you posted on this and other developments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News