ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas TE Jake Roberts and Baylor

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

The veteran from UNT entered the portal before Christmas. Roberts said he will be visiting Baylor Saturday and Sunday. SMU and Arkansas are involved. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

Roberts, a native of Norman, OK, a pretty solid 2022 for the Mean Green (28-394 3 TD, 14.1 ypc). Obviously, Ben Sims is gone. Drake Dabney is coming back from a season ending broken leg. Kelsey Johnson has upside. But the Bears need a bridge to the younger guys in the program and who is coming.

Roberts also visiting Arkansas and SMU this week. Arkansas is Wednesday and Thursday. SMU is Thursday evening and Friday followed by Baylor.

"They see me as a do-it-all type of guy,'' Roberts said. "Receiver and effective blocking in the run game.''

A crowded room doesn't bother Roberts. Baylor signed two TEs from the 2023 class in Hawkins Polley and Matthew Klopfenstein.

"I think the TE is a big part of the offense at Baylor and multiple guys will be on the field,'' he said. "I think I would fit in the room well.''

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News