ADVERTISEMENT

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY THREAD (Feb. 3, 2016); BAYLOR MAKES HISTORY

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
Here we are for Baylor National Signing Day 2016. As we begin,, the Bears are ranked No. 10 in the Rivals national team rankings. With Waco La Vega and Rivals250 DB Parrish Cobb committed, the Bears are at 22 commitments and soon-to-be signees.

This is the thread to talk all things NSD!

Letters of Intent can start being faxed at 7:01 a.m.

Here are the storylines we will follow:

>At anytime, we still expect Silsbee OL and Rivals100 Patrick Hudson to sign with Baylor. Obviously, you're aware of Texas making a push to convince him flip.

>9:00 am (ESPNU) Nacogdoches S and Rivals100 Brandon Jones is scheduled to announce his decision between Baylor, Texas A&M and Texas. Jones took an official visit to Baylor this past weekend. He visited Texas Jan. 15 and took his official to A&M in mid-December. Texas appears to have the edge. But we'll see.

>9:30 am Rockford, MI PK Quinn Nordin, the nation's No. 1 kicker, is expected to announce his decision between Baylor, Michigan and USC. Nordin took official visits to all three schools in January. Last week, he de-committed from Penn State. Michigan still seems to be favorite.

At anytime, Nassau C.C. OL Malcolm Pridgeon will make his choice between Baylor and Ohio State. Nothing formal is planned. As we've reported our Ohio State colleagues are expecting Pridgeon to sign with the Buckeyes.

Our coverage:
>In the week hours of the morning, we will have our preview ready to go for you to examine throughout the day.

>It's unlikely we will send text messages on all of the signings because of the overuse of the system. There could cause a huge delay. We'll try to use them selectively. It will likely stick to those storylines and maybe Cobb. We'll try to put the tweets in this thread as they are announced

>Courtney Roland will be at the Brandon Jones announcement. Regardless of the outcome, we'll have a story because Baylor climbed into this and gave itself chance.

>Matt Clare will be at Fort Bend Hightower for Micheal Johnson's signing. He also plans to Periscope.

>I have my plans but I'll keep that as a surprise.

Art Briles will have his presser at 11:00 am. We'll try to download the link from the Baylor athletic department. It will happen to be at the time I'll be out on this assignment.

We also hope to have a photo gallery and instant player reaction from when pen met paper and the journey to Baylor officially began.

Hope you enjoy what we do. Remember, the SicEmSports rewards program. Tell a friend about us. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Happy NSD!

Your Publisher,

Kevin Lonnquist

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News