ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day - Part 2; Valentin signs

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
This is pretty much going to be an afterthought for Baylor for the most part as 21 of the 23 players signed. There's not even a scheduled press conference to talk about the class. Baylor enters this day No. 21 in the Rivals team rankings. If it finishes right around there or lower, that technically would the best ranking in Rivals history. The 2016 class was No. 17 but that blew apart when the 7 defected to other schools in the aftermath of the sexual assault scandal and the firing of Art Briles.

That said, these are the things to look for today:

>ASA College JUCO OL Johncarlo Valentin should be signing and getting his letter over today.

>Schertz Clemens 4-star WR Tommy Bush announces at 11:15 am (ESPN2). Baylor is among the finalists. I know he posted this twitter involving several schools. I really think this is between Baylor and Georgia. I have heard that Georgia may have filled its spots with a couple of other WRs. If that's the case, I think that favors Baylor.

>Alief Taylor and one-time LB commit Joseph Ogunbanjo will announce also around 10:30 am this morning. You know the rule: when a player de-commits, the chances of him re-committing/signing are extremely low. I would expect this to be California.

>If there's an outlier nobody knows about, that would make it interesting. NSD past under Briles would always produce the "where did he come from?" signing. I don't think we're going to see that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News