ADVERTISEMENT

EARLY SIGNING DAY THREAD: BAYLOR WELCOMES MOST OF THE 2018 CLASS

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
Hello there. Yes, welcome to the new National Signing Day Period. This 72-hour window runs through Friday. Those who wait will not sign until Feb. 7, 2018. This thread will keep you posted as how signings arrive.

Housecleaning items
>As I mentioned, the 2017 is getting her wisdom teeth removed at 9:00 am (should take 1 hour) and I'll be running around trying to get medicine and play nursemaid to help her through. If I'm disappearing for a bit, just understand where I'm coming from.

>Additionally, Baylor Athletics will broadcast “Inside Baylor Sports – Early Signing Day Special” on Fox Sports Southwest at 10:30 am Wednesday morning. Hosted by the Voice of the Bears John Morris and former Baylor quarterback and longtime radio partner J.J. Joe, the show will feature interviews with Rhule, Baylor Football signees and assistant coaches.

“Inside Baylor Sports – Early Signing Day Special” will also be streamed on BaylorBears.com and Fox Sports Go.

>Matt Rhule will have a presser at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday to talk about the class and other offseason items. Stephen will be there to cover and will post the video when he can.

>With 23 commitments, my rough guess is that Baylor is going to have 19 signings. The two I'm not really sure about are Silsbee WR Kalon Barnes, Houston Lamar DT Joshua Landry. Alief Taylor LB Joseph Ogunbanjo has already said he's not signing. And don't look for Pasadena Rayburn RB Stanley Hackett to do anything.

The staff got some good news on Cuero TE Bralen Taylor Tuesday evening. I was a little on the fence for Taylor signing now:

So just refer to this one as we move forward throughout Wednesday.

Happy NSD - Part 1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News