ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Tidehaven 2024 RB Joseph Dodds commits to Baylor; No. 8 (STORY POSTED)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

Now, the running back situation for 2024 is good to go for Baylor.

A few days after he took his official visit to Baylor, Tidehaven ball carrier Joseph Dodds announced on Wednesday he has committed to Dave Aranda's program.

Dodds is the eighth member to the class. He chose the Bears over Texas Tech and Missouri, programs he visited in the previous two weekends.

"The welcoming feeling I had there,'' Dodds said. "It made me feel at home like I belonged. Plus, the amazing coaching staff.''

A two-time first-team all-district selection in 2021 and 2022, Dodds enjoyed a banner season for the Tigers last fall. He rushed for 1,633 yards and 12 touchdowns. Tidehaven advanced to the Class 3A Division II state state quarterfinals. The Tigers finished 11-3.

Dodds was also named the 2020 District Newcomer of the Year. Baylor has had penchant to pursuit the big-time RB coming from small town Texas.

In 2021, it secured Jordan Jenkins from Lindale. In 2022, it locked down Richard Reese from Bellville. Finally, for 2023 it signed Bryson Washington from Franklin.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News