ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL - BIG 12 TITLE GAME: Baylor 6, TCU 5 11 innings; Bears win 1st ever Big 12 tournament title

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009

I think the TV will be like one of those other FOX sports channels up the dial because the Rangers will be on FOX Sports SW vs. Kansas City.

Here's what I've picked up:

>Steve Rodriguez likely won't announce a starting pitcher for Sunday. The staff will keep that in house. What you could expect is an "everybody is available'' scenario. The starting pitcher could go 2-3 innings and then there's a hand off.

>As for the NCAA tournament, really no talk of Baylor being able to host if were to win the championship Sunday. Been told through Baylor that the best scenario is a No. 2 seed in a fairly close region. Of course, regions haven't been announced and won't be until I believe Monday when the tournament field is announced.

https://d1baseball.com/projections/projected-field-of-64-may-21/

Provided a link of the projected field of 64. If this site - probably the best site of them all -- is right, your region candidates would be Austin (Unlikely because of the Big 12), Lubbock (Unlikely because of the Big 12), Oxford, MS (Bears have been projected to go to this location in recent postings), Fayetteville, AR (I can't see them sending Baylor here if Arkansas winds up collecting one of the Top 8 national seeds).

Nice to have these problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUHSFootballFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News