ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona 2024 TE Hipp details Baylor visit (STORY POSTED)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

There’s always room for one more when it comes to Baylor’s tight end room.

But speaking of rooms, the one Baylor is in for 2024 tight end Dillon Hipp is a bit crowded.

The Scottsdale (AZ) Desert Mountain prospect made good on his word to travel to Baylor’s Jan. 29 Junior Day to see for himself why fellow Arizonian tight end Matthew Klopfenstein decided to call Baylor home and enrolled in January.

Now, Hipp understands why this offense appeals to tight ends.

“I learned how much they used the TE for sure.,’’ he said. “The majority of snaps there are two or three TEs on the field. That’s what really intrigues me the most about Baylor. The multiplicity and complexity of their offense is what really makes it beneficial for a TE to get open and have chances to make explosive plays.’’

But the program’s attention to the future also has Hipp’s attention. Baylor will be adding the Fudge Football Operations Center that will be adjacent to the Allison Indoor Practice facility.

“When I found out they were building new facilities that’s what really got me excited,’’ he said.

Hipp has developed a relationship with the Baylor coaching staff pretty much since the staff offered in 2022. There have been multiple visits from offensive coordinator Jeff Grimes during the contact periods in December and January.

Of course, Baylor just added North Texas transfer Jake Roberts who has two years of eligibility. There are five other tight ends on the current roster. But given the program’s emphasis on this position and what it means to future offenses, the search will always continue.

Hipp delivered as a pass catching threat for the Wolves who finished 10-3 in 2022. He had 28 receptions for 328 yards and four touchdowns (11.7 ypc).

“I’ve pretty much narrowed my list down to eight schools as of right now,’’ Hipp said. “I pretty much went up there just to check it out and spend time with my friends who came alongside me. Other schools that I have a large interest in is Louisville, Miami, Wisconsin, ASU, Tennessee, Washington and Auburn.’’

For this period of the offseason, it’s going to be more about continuing to build relationships and possibly narrowing the list. For now, Baylor appears to have put itself in a solid position.

“I think the next time I’ll be in Waco will be for my OV,’’ Hipp said. “I say that because there are other schools that I’m still interested in checking out.’’

Hipp is the No. 8 player rated in Arizona by Rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News