ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently there are football camps and then there are football camps

Gold Member
Dec 24, 2002
I found this in a recruiting write-up on Clemson's site - Tigerillustrated.com

The Tigers have already locked in on their 2017 priority target, playing host to Lakeland (Fla.) high-four star J.J. Robinson for the full three days of the Dabo Swinney Football Camp's second session that wrapped up Sunday.

James Robinson was one of the most talented prospects overall regardless of position in Clemson last week.
"It was great," Robinson said. "I enjoyed it. I just enjoyed being on the campus and being around the coaches and players. It made me feel like I was already a part of the team when I'm not."

Robinson (6-3, 185) figures to have his choice of team for which he will belong.

Rated a 6.0 by Rivals.com, he already holds offers from other high-powered offensive programs such as Ohio State, Florida State, Auburn and Baylor. Florida and Tennessee are also among those in the chase.

Clemson co-offensive coordinator Jeff Scott dispensed Robinson's offer in April and stands as the key figure in his recruitment.

Robinson worked out all four periods of the Swinney Camp in order to maximize their time together.

"He wasn't one of those coaches who yells at you to push you," Robinson said. "He helps you through situations and what you're doing wrong.

"I liked how we built a relationship. It's like he's already one of my coaches."

Robinson and 2017 four-star running back teammate A.J. Davis arrived Wednesday evening in preparation for camp, staying through late Sunday morning."

There must be few if any rules regarding these camps if you can have one that lasts three full days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News