ADVERTISEMENT

The official Baylor football HC search PANIC thread

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
Please note the dreadful amounts of sarcasm.

>I feel like when Art Briles was fired, Waco/Baylor just turned into Pompeii Part II. The Baylor BOR is our Mount Vesuvius. This is so brutal.

>We have like $170 million in debt on McLane. Even with the sellouts, we’ll never pay it off. If Art was here, the note would have been paid within 3-5 years. Geez, I hate foreclosure. On a stadium? Just wait it for it, pal! It’s coming.

>WORST! SUMMER! EVER!

>I’m telling you right now that if Mack Rhoads doesn’t hire Tom Herman, I want him out of here. He hired him at Houston. Why not here? They have the connection. How hard can this be? We basically paid off the debt for every student’s college tuition at Baylor for people to go away. BACK UP THE TRUCK, MACK!

>I like Jim Grobe. I think he’d do a great job as the full time guy. Wait, what am I saying, we need a new guy in here. But you know, we’re going to go to a bowl, so that has to mean something. I want Grobe as the guy. Wait, maybe we should go on a search.

>LSU keeps screwing with our plans. Oh sure, you lose at Auburn because you get your game-winning TD reversed and it’s Les Miles fault. So you can him. Whatever, LSU. That’s so weak. They can take their S-E-C S-E-C and stick it! HERMAN IS OURS!

>I think we should name Kendal Briles as the HCIW. But we don’t know if he’s even going to be retained by the new head coach. What does that have to do with anything? Just slap the label on the guy, give him the financial bump and let’s get this started!

>Seriously, we’re looking at SMU’s Chad Morris? His scoring offense is like in the billionth percentile right now. Tempo? Are we talking three-toed sloth tempo?

>Sonny Dykes scores a million points. He also gives up a million points. Well, we were kinda doing that too for a while. Remember that basketball game at the Alamo Bowl? Oh shut up. Who asked you!

>WORST! SUMMER! EVER!

>Larry Fedora should be the guy. But everybody hates him and he’s now struggling at UNC. That 2015 was a complete luck of the draw season. They got so many breaks, please. We exposed him. He can’t coach. We can do better. Like who? Well, I’ll get that list to you here in a bit.

>How bout John Gruden? You know when Bryce Petty went into the draft, Gruden did that interview thing with him prior to it and broke down his film. Look what he can do here! Our QBs will rock. Um….you know Gruden’s name has been tied to every college coaching search for the last 7-8 years. Right, but this time it will work.

>I say we have co-head coaches. Even if Grobe steps aside, you name Cris Dishman the head coach of the defense and Tate Wallis the head coach of the offense. This is brilliant because it allows the coordinators – KB and Phil – to not be by bothered by distractions and just run their side of the ball. Done deal.

>Monty’s doing great in Tulsa. Knows the deal. Baylor isn’t hiring anyone from the Briles tree. Monty’s doing great in Tulsa. Knows the deal. Baylor isn’t hiring anyone from the Briles tree. Monty’s doing great in Tulsa. Knows the deal. Baylor isn’t hiring anyone from the Briles tree.

>WE’RE GOING SPREAD OR WE’RE DEAD!

>If we hire that one guy, everybody’s transferring. We’re only going to have whatever we can scrounge up for the 2017 class and the walk ons. This is a disaster.

>No recruits will ever consider Baylor. I mean seriously, we had that window for 5-6 years and now it’s back to being an afterthought. I hate this. Man we might as well play Roy Orbison's song, "It's Over!" on a loop.

>The story is Gary Patterson’s towel girl has a pretty good idea of who the next Baylor HC is. Are you kidding? Well, I talked with someone who is very close to the TCU laundry room who told me….

>The BMD’s have secretly put together a plan to lock the BOR in a room starting the week of Thanksgiving through the first day coaches can go on the road and recruit for fear they might step in and undermine Rhoads.

>Art Briles for head coach. If Lazarus could do it….

>There’s word that Nick Saban’s wife is looking at property on The Brazos. It’s like a $10 million piece of land. Huge House. Hold on, that was the Texas rumor when Mack Brown was let go. You might be confused. No way, I heard this. This is a thing, dude!

>WORST! SUMMER! EVER!

>It’s about to turn to October and we DON’T HAVE OUR HEAD COACHING SITUATION DECIDED. WE’RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News