ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Non-Official guide to this weekend's games!!! (Turkey Day weekend)

cookphotoworks

Feb 5, 2013
We'll start with the Big 12 and then look at a couple of games that could affect the playoffs:

Texas Tech (6-5, 3-5) at Texas (4-6, 3-4) November 26, 6:30 PM

Last regular season game for Tech, Texas has one more against Baylor
Texas is a one point favorite, but the over/under is 72. Something's gotta give. If the game reaches 72 points, Tech's probably done most of the scoring. The Longhorns are at home, and they've played much better there than away, except for the Oklahoma game. Tech has improved from last season, and is bowl eligible, although it took them a month to get the last win that made them so. Texas against both Tech and Baylor to become bowl eligible.
My guess: Texas Tech. The Longhorns are down, and there are a lot of teams that want to jump on them while they've got the chance. Also, a lot of the Tech kids wanted to go to Texas.

7 Baylor (9-1, 6-1) at 19 TCU (9-2, 6-2) November 27, 6:30 PM

Last regular season game for TCU, Baylor has one more against Texas
Baylor's a 1.5 point favorite, but both teams have injuries all over the place.
My guess: Baylor. More on this all over the site.

Iowa State (3-8, 2-6) at West Virginia (6-4, 3-4) Saturday, November 28, 11:00 AM

Last game of season for Iowa State, West Virginia has one more against Kansas State
Who care? West Virginia is bowl eligible, Iowa State isn't getting bowl eligible.
Line is West Virginia by 14 at home.
My guess: Mountaineers end a dismal Iowa State season on a dismal note.

Kansas State (4-6, 1-6) at Kansas (0-11, 0-8) Saturday, November 28, 3:00 PM

Merciful end to the Jayhawks season, Kansas State has one more game against West Virginia
If the Wildcats can beat Kansas and then take West Virginia next week, they'll be bowl eligible.
Line is Kansas State by 20.
My guess: boredom, but KState covers.

3 Oklahoma (10-1, 7-1) at 11 Oklahoma State (10-1, 7-1) Saturday, November 28, 7:00 PM

Last game of regular season for both teams. Bedlam. Possible sleet and snow.
If Baylor wins, both the team and the fans will be watching this one, and cheering for Pistol Pete. A Cowboys victory puts Baylor in the driver's seat for a third B12 championship if they can beat the Longhorns. An Oklahoma win gives them the title.
Line is Oklahoma by 7.
My guess: more of a hope, but going for the Cowboys at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.