ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is weird

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
I feel kind of like TMZ when posting this. However, this is what you're $9.99 is paying for so here goes.

I've spoken with a couple of people familiar with DeSoto 2016 QB Tristen Wallace and his commitment to Ohio State. At this point nothing has changed with the 3-star dual threat QB's commitment to the Buckeyes.

As for it remaining there, who knows. We're hearing a couple of schools including Baylor may be lurking again. The question would likely be if Wallace were to re-open would he be open to playing a different position. Remember Baylor offered Wallace as an athlete and could see him as a WR or something completely different.

Thus far, Wallace has thrown for a little more than 1,200 yards and six touchdowns. He's completed about 58 percent of his passes and has thrown five interceptions. He's also Desoto's leading rusher at about 430 yards and eight scores.

For all we know nothing may change and he'll sign with Ohio State. DeSoto coach Todd Peterman told us that everything was good between Wallace and Ohio State.

But as one person told me, "Don't know what will happen but it will be interesting.''

We'll keep an eye on it.

Also, there could be another name out there that might surface here in the new future. But I'm working to get that more ironclad. I have no idea the timeframe with that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News