ADVERTISEMENT

Photos and game thoughts -- TCU

cookphotoworks

Feb 5, 2013
The first four quarters of this game were a beating. There were some good defensive plays, but most of the game was between the thirties, which is a no go zone for photographers. Add to that, TCU has narrow sidelines and apparently buying a T-shirt at Walmart gets you sideline access, so the sidelines were crowded.
Both TCU and Baylor played great defense. It was brutal. About halfway through the 4th, I was thinking, "I can't believe I skipped going to a funeral to cover this game."

19TCU-7D-0132.jpg

James Lynch is a big guy

19TCU-7D-0244.jpg

For a guy that was questionable, Bravvion Roy was dominant in the game.
19TCU-7D-0207.jpg

The thing that was tough was it looked like Patterson's tactics were going to work. He milked the clock, played field position, and tried to win ugly. When Baylor committed penalties to go from 2nd and 7 at the TCU 22 to 4th and 19 at the TCU 34 with only 41 seconds left, it looked like the string of miracle finishes had run out. Then, John Mayers clears the cross bar by about three feet to make a 51 yard field goal.

So, through four quarters, Baylor had 204 yards of offense, TCU had 236, no touch downs and six field goals. In overtime, the teams took chances, opened up and scored a lot.

Three shot sequence of Charlie Brewer's overtime TD and celebration
19TCU-5D-0231.jpg

19TCU-5D-0234.jpg

19TCU-5D-0238.jpg

BTW, proud of this sequence, cause it started in the sun, ended in the shade, and that green blur on the side was the last photo I got before one of the Baylor receivers blocked the view.

Two shot sequence of Mims' first OT TD
19TCU-5D-0315.jpg

19TCU-5D-0322.jpg

There was still hitting in OT
19TCU-5D-0360.jpg

Grayland Arnold takes a knee to end the game
19TCU-5D-0376.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series