ADVERTISEMENT

Dontavious Jackson update/Friday Night Lights reactions/Baylor in a Top 5?

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
The Alief Elsik LB (No. 229 in the Rivals 250) could not attend Friday Night Lights, but he said that he views Baylor pretty highly as one of his top schools. However, he doesn't have a top 5. But since his visit on Jan. 31 junior day, Jackson said that he has been in contact with the Baylor coaches nearly every day and said the relationship is very strong.

That's a good sign but it also seems like there's a long way to go.
Baylor probably had about 30 recruits there give or take. No known offers. As always this is a work in progress and will add more as we move forward.

But here is what I have thus far. Got some big names to start:

Jordan Carmouche, Manvel, LB, (6-1, 218, 2016 Baylor offer): "It went great. It's a great vibe with Baylor and really like the coaching staff. I have them in my Top 5. But I haven't released it yet.''

Paddy Fisher, Katy LB, (6-2, 215, 2016 Baylor offer): "I thought it was good. Passing game looked good.''

RalphLauren McCauley, WR, (6-1, 180 2016 Baylor interest): "It was really fun I also went on a tour to see the campus Baylor is a Beautiful school.''

Houston Miller, Keller, DE (6-4, 230, 2016 Baylor interest): "It went awesome. And I really hope Baylor comes to see me in the spring.''

Zach Smith, Grandview QB, (6-4, 220), 2016 Baylor commit): "It went great. A little wet but wasn't bad. Ready for next season.''

Keller Diesch, Trophy Club Byron Nelson, OL (6-7, 272, 2016 Baylor offer): "It was great.''

Mohamed Sanogo, Plano West, LB, (6-2, 238, 2017 Baylor interest): "I loved the energy of the team and coaches and the speed of the scrimmages. This was my first time on campus. But I like how welcoming the players are. Coach [Phil] Bennett and coach [Art] Briles said they know who I am and are going to come to my practices this spring.

Kadarius Smith, Plano, OL (6-3, 270, 2016 Baylor interest): "I really love the direction Baylor is headed. I'm just now building a relationship with the coaches.

Travis Bruffy, Fort Bend Ridge Point, OL (6-7, 260, 2016 Baylor interest): "It was great. Coach KB said they are close to pulling the trigger (about an offer) and coach [Randy] Clements said he's going to see me in the spring.

This post was edited on 3/21 3:54 PM by K Lonnquist

Dontavious Jackson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News