ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor has early jump on 2024 DFW RB Stewart (STORY POSTED/FILM)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

Baylor’s relationship with Frisco Centennial is not a long one. But it also has been a productive one.

Look no further than defensive back Raleigh Texada who just finished a very solid career and turned it into a free agent signing with the Green Bay Packers.

While the story hasn’t been written about 2024 running back Harry Stewart III, the Bears have the early jump on him. They and Texas A&M are the only two programs that have offered him.

“I think they have a great program down there. really like their culture,’’ Stewart said. “I went to their spring game a couple weeks ago and planning to visit in the summer. Me and my family are still planning my camps for the summer, so I don’t know yet.’’

Indeed, the camp season could prove pivotal for his recruiting. Baylor should be on that schedule. It’s just a question of when.

Stewart enjoyed a breakout 2021 season for the Titans. In eight games, he finished with 985 yards and eight touchdowns. That included a pair of 200-yard rushing games. He also added three receiving scores.

The relationship between him and Baylor running backs coach Justin Johnson is early but building. Baylor’s running game typically grabs the attention of prospects. When the single-season school record (1,601 yards) was just set, that’s always going to be a selling point.

“Their running game is pretty similar to the run game at my school,’’ Stewart said. “I like what they do and how they use the running backs. I would just gain a better relationship with the coaches and understand everything they want to do.”

What appeals to the Baylor staff is Stewart’s speed, he said. For any running back that must be the No. 1 recruitable quality. He finished the 2022 track season running the sprints – 100 and 200 – and a leg on the sprint relays, 4x100 and 4x200. Stewart said his personal best in the 100 is 10.7 and 21.8 in the 200.

Centennial also just concluded its 2022 spring football season. The focus for Stewart was on his footwork and improving his quickness with his that will allow him to be much more shifty.

“The vibe feels great with Baylor,’’ Stewart said. “Our relationship is getting better as time goes on. I’m just taking it all in and keeping the hunger I had before all this. Mainly telling myself that I still got to grind and work to be the best.’’

Stewart does not have a rating by Rivals as of now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News