ADVERTISEMENT

A running Baylor Blitz (Dec. 8, 2017 - continuous updates)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By KEVIN LONNQUIST & MATT CLARE
SicEmSportsStaff

Calling an audible on the Blitz. This is going to be one where the information will be coming in as we collect it and posting it. With this being such a fluid time, I thought it would be best to do it this way:

Gerry Bohanon: The latest
Baylor head coach Matt Rhule and offensive coordinator Glenn Thomas did their in-home visit with the Earle (AR) quarterback Thursday evening. Everything went fine. Of course, Bohanon took his official visit to Baylor this past weekend.

But as you might as expect, new Arkansas head coach Chad Morris has wasted no time to get into the fray with Bohanon.

I’m told that before Morris boarded his plane to Fayetteville on Tuesday, his first call was to Bohanon. We’re also hearing that Morris plans to have an in-home visit with Bohanon this coming Monday.

Now, Bohanon has already taken his official visit to Arkansas. That was in early November. But nothing would prevent him from doing an unofficial at any time.

Earlier this week, I said that Baylor was going to be taking one QB. But with Morris coming, that could change some of the dynamics.
-Kevin Lonnquist

Official visitors weekend No. 2
Here are a couple of the visitors we have confirmed for this weekend:

>Casey Franklin, OL Franklin (Baylor commit)

>Christoph Henle, TE Arlington Oakridge (Baylor commit)

>Cam Jones, S, Mansfield (Baylor offer)

>Ben Sims, TE, San Antonio Clark (Baylor commit)

>Jackson Gleeson, WR, Mansfield (Baylor commit)

>Daevon Robinson, Ath, Medford NJ (Shawnee HS – Baylor offer)

>Marje Smith, DE, Marshall (Baylor commit)

>Princeton Pines, DT/OL, Baton Rouge University Laboratory School (Baylor offer)

>Josh Landry, DT, Houston Lamar (Baylor commit)

>Dorian Hardy, DE, Elizabeth (NJ) (Baylor offer)

-Kevin Lonnquist

Another Baylor commit at McLane
Southlake Carroll 2018 offensive tackle Jackson Kimble is the second Baylor commit to be playing a game at his future home – McLane Stadium – in as many weeks.

Kimble and the Dragons (10-3) face Waco Midway (13-0) in the Class 6A Division II Region I championship at 6:00 p.m. Saturday. Kimble is hoping for a better result than his predecessor, Mansfield’s Jackson Gleeson. Last weekend, Gleeson and Mansfield fell to Midway, 48-17.

“It’s a dream come true,’’ Kimble said. “Gotta get that first win at my future home.’’

There are two challenges Kimble is going to face. The first is Midway’s defense. The second is dealing with the distraction of playing in his future home.

“Obviously, some challenges because this is my future home,’’ he said. “But I’m focused on this team right here, right now and stopping [Midway’s] defensive front. If I decide to focus on other things. I’m not going to play well. That’s why I’m just blocking it all out.’’
-Kevin Lonnquist

Fleeks not done?

A week after taking his official visit to Baylor, Cedar Hill 2018 APB Joshua Fleeks confirmed that he will be taking an official visit to Nebraska this weekend.

The Cornhuskers just went through a coaching change as native son Scott Frost replaced Mike Riley. Frost is expected to coach his former team in the Peach Bowl against Auburn. Frost has been very aggressive getting the school back into Texas. It used to be a fertile recruiting area for Nebraska when it was in the Big 12. Since it's move to the Big 10, it's presence has faded.

At this point, it's not clear to what extent how this visit will impact Fleeks' commitment to Baylor.
-Kevin Lonnquist

Baylor's New Jersey influence continues

The Bears have secured an official visit from Camden (N.J.) Wilson athlete Travon King for the weekend of Jan. 19 . King (6-4, 205) is currently committed to Rutgers. The 3-star recruit is built in the mode of current OV Daevon Robinson, who just arrived on Thursday. King has the same measurements.

King is a two-way player for Wilson. He was used primarily in the passing. Partial receiving numbers showed him with more than 300 yards receiving six games. He was also among the team leaders in tackles.
-Kevin Lonnquist

Last edited:
Reactions: 82Bear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News