ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Austin Novosad and Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
From our national analyst Nick Harris.

What's up, everybody!

Oregon was in-home with Dripping Springs (Texas) four-star quarterback Austin Novosad last week with offensive coordinator Will Stein and the Ducks are pushing hard down the stretch for the Baylor commit with 48 hours to go until Signing Day. As for the chances here, I think Oregon is definitely in it, but it's gonna be a hard-fought battle.

For some context, Novosad stuck with his Baylor pledge over the summer after taking visits to Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas A&M. I see this opportunity being a little different for Novosad though considering his long-standing relationship with Stein.

We'll have more as we get it confirmed.

I can tell you this - Baylor’s finish to the season and some of the recent recruiting losses Isn’t helping here. Dave Aranda did come for an in-home visit on Friday afternoon. That went fine but this Oregon situation isn’t shocking. This is all new within the last 24 hours.

There’s not a lot Baylor can do at this point accept have some communication with him via electronic and pray that it works out and Novosad winds up signing with the Bears. With Nick’s information it’s anybody’s guess where this could finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News