ADVERTISEMENT

South Texas Meetings

bumad

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2004
Houston and a couple of other meetings took place recently where Baylor coaches talked to groups of Baylor alumni. Some interesting things came out of some of them that has made me reflect more on the season. I wasn't there, but here is what I have heard;

1. QBs look good. Confidence in Chris Johnson is high and Briles said Stidham was better than expected. Quick release and accurate.
2. DBs appear to have more depth.
3. WR and OL will be very strong and two juco OL may be redshirted this year.
4. Young DL is pushing for playing time. Some real talent on DL.
5. Didn't hear that much on LBs, but confident in Campbell.

Some thoughts coming out of the spring and these meetings.

1. More people are waiting to see how three main groups do: DBs, LBs and QB.
2. I am more interested to see what impact our new OC has. PB made a comment at one of the meetings about KB having "it", but he will be different than Monty. Will his lack of experience hurt us and disadvantage us in some big games?
3. I think we will be better this year at DB than in a decade. We will finally have depth and size.
4. LB is my concern. We are in great shape at the BEAR LB with TB being the best athlete we have had in that position since PB arrived. OLB is Young who is great, but not a run stuffer. Love him though. Campbell will be fine, but backing him up may be a challenge. I just worry about talent and depth. Young and Edwards are ok, but neither will strike fear into the opposing offense. Same with Campbell, Elrich or Davis.

OL will be dominant but will we ever run? Russell has great legs, but can he stay healthy?

Can't wait for SMU.

Reactions: Clairatt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News