ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft: Bryce Petty to the NY Jets in the 4th round; St. Louis takes Hager in 7th; FA Signees

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
Coverage starts ta 7:00 pm tonight on either the NFL Network or ESPN.

Every expert can't figure out where this is going after the first two picks:

1. Tampa Bay, Jameis Winston, QB Florida State
2. Tennessee, Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

The 3rd pick belongs to Jacksonville and the sentiment is that the Jaguars are going to go either USC DL Leonard Williams or Florida DE Donte Fowler. But we know how trades can wreck a good looking plan. There's the talk that the Titans may trade out of the pick if they really want San Diego QB Philip Rivers.

As for the Baylor draft prospects, I'm making the prediction that QB Bryce Petty goes in the second round to New Orleans as Drew Brees heir apparent. But the buzz surrounding Buffalo can't be ignored. I've seen mock drafts going back two months where Petty was slotted to go there.

Regarding the other hopefuls:
WR Antwan Goodley --
I think he's going Saturday. Best case scenario is the 5th round
LB Bryce Hager -- I think he's also going Saturday. I can see the 7th round. Best case is the 6th. Maybe he signs as a FA.
P Spencer Roth -- He's signing as a free agent. But if he performs at a high level like he did at Baylor, I think he'll make somebody's roster in September.

The mock draft for the Cowboys and Texans

According to NFL.com's Mike Mayock
No. 16 Houston Texans: WR Breshad Perriman, UCF
We remember him for all of the wrong reasons in the Fiesta Bowl. He caught the TD in the 3rd quarter that gave the Knights the lead for good. But he's a big target. Ran a 4.25 in his pro day.

No. 27 Dallas Cowboys: S Landon Collins, Alabama
Pretty physical kid. I think he was the one where he announced at the Under Armour game a few years ago that he was going to Alabama and his mom was pretty ticked off because she wanted him to go to LSU.

Should be a lot of fun in Chicago tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News