ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor's impressive impression on 2024 dual-threat QB White (STORY POSTED)

k lonnquist

Mar 10, 2009
By Kevin Lonnquist
Publisher

Sometimes, offers and interest work in unison. But when it came to Baylor’s path with Little Rock Christian 2024 QB Walker White, it went differently.

The staff had been talking with the Rivals No. 171 prospect for several months. Yet the buy-in occurred when White attended Baylor’s Nov. 19 game against TCU. It was his first visit to Waco. The Bears offered the next day.

“I had been hopping on face timing with them a lot,’’ White said. “In fact, I was doing that with them the day of games. It was really great to see and meet the coaches.

“The fact that they did that for me on that kind of situation showed that they were thinking about me and wanted me.’’

Despite the outcome – a tough 29-28 loss to the Horned Frogs – it was mission accomplished for the impression it made on White. Mix it all together and that’s why the Bears are one of the programs White is seriously considering.

Not bad for a program that was about the 23rd to offer and is competing with the likes of Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU and Penn State.

“When I went to the game I got there and it was a great surprise,’’ White said. “The whole atmosphere was crazy. Loved looking at the Baylor Line, how they kept the fans engaged and how loud it was. It was a very cool place to be. Really enjoyed it.”

Baylor continued its push earlier in the week when quarterbacks coach Shawn Bell stopped by to visit. The staff views White as a pure dual-threat signal caller. Bell offered a few tips on the visit, White said.

For White, he said he’s comfortable working out the shotgun, under center, in the spread or with an H Back.

His junior season was solid throwing about 2,100 yards and 25 scores against nine interceptions. Little Rock Christian finished the 2022 season at 9-3.

“I feel my strengths are my ability to escape the pocket and scramble,’’ White said. “I am a pass-first QB but feel I can run well. I just need to be more efficient with my passing game. I need to know the touch to put on the ball with each route and just make solid decisions down the field.”

White’s goal is to take more unofficial visits to the schools he is considering the most and then make a decision in the early spring. How can Baylor help its argument?

“Just develop me for the NFL,’’ White said and to be more of an efficient quarterback.’’

White is also the No. 4 dual-threat quarterback in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News